Solution Six: Dell Wendell Sweet

The second song I wrote. As with any song this one has a story behind it. The story relates to the words being written, but not the way they were written.
A woman visited me in prison.
Prison is a hard place, a great deal of the men there do not live or want to live by societal rules, so they do and act as they please.
This day they stared at her as she walked to the vending machines. It is considered very disrespectful to do that, so I locked eyed with the ones who did it to let them know I saw it. They acknowledged it and stopped and didn't do it again.
Later I thought about it and rather than do something about it I let it slide because, after all the world is what it is.
So, with this in mind I sat down to try to write a second song (My first was A minor). No dice, but I decided to express it emotionally, using as few words as possible, just a skeleton of a song compared to A minor, but it worked.
I wrote the lyrics only changing them slightly and then wrote I the music.
It opened that door for me, and I realized, finally that each song was its own. They aren't the same at all. So, I reapproached songwriting from that point on...
#singersongwriter #SelfPenned #music #Audio #Listen #DellSweet #bmi



Comments

Popular posts from this blog